I woke up this morning with a mental check-list of everything that needs to be done today.
- Wash the dirty laundry.
- Put away the clean laundry.
- Empty the dishwasher.
- Reload the dishwasher.
- Sweep and vacuum the floors and couches.
- Go through all the mail that has been piling up.
- Finish organizing the basement.
- Straighten up Lily’s playroom.
- Clean and straighten up our bedroom.
- Get the grocery shopping done.
Nothing on this list was checked off today.
Instead, we went out to eat.
Instead, we went to the park.
Instead, we had a picnic.
Instead, we played with toys.
Instead, we read some books.
Instead, we kissed and hugged.
Instead, we created memories.